- Planning meetings: Usually the 2nd Tuesday of each month – Noon – 1:00 PM (lunch provided) if you RSVP (firstname.lastname@example.org). Check the website and/or calendar for time, date and location details.
- MPACE Advisory Committee Opportunities:
- Other Special events: Several writing groups are active, and MPACE needs new leadership for FY20. If you have another topic in mind (e.g., industry job search, etc.), we can help you organize that.
- New Seminar Series: Check the MPACE Calendar. The first seminar is scheduled for January 14, 2020. Help your colleagues prepare for job talks.
- New Happy Hour: 4th Thursday of each month, at Rappourt, 6-7 PM.
- New Coffee/Tea Hour: Monthly, rotating morning and afternoon – and locations.
- Writing Groups: Writing groups for academic applications – Self-paced, peer-mentored writing groups for postdocs interested in putting together an academic application packet. Join us to find a small group to help with feedback on writing your CV, cover letter, and research, teaching and diversity statements!
ACADEMIC JOB SEARCH (AJS) Series Tentative SCHEDULE – 2019-2020: May, July, September, November 15, Noon – 1:30 pm (including lunch), location tbd; January 10, 2020, and March 20, 2020, LEC GM Room. Topics in the series: 1. What AJs is all about with advice from successful applicants. 2. Faculty panel: The AJS from the other side. 3. Preparing your application package. 4. How to succeed in your first round phone/Skype interview. 5. Negotiating an offer and startup package. Watch for your invitation and RSVP.
- Additional resources for University of Michigan postdocs: Many events now taking place on N. Campus. http://www.rackham.umich.edu/postdoctoral and https://umpda.rackham.umich.edu/ These require advance registration.